Thursday, June 11, 2009

Your Own Home Server - Introduction
An Introduction
In this tutorial you will learn how to step up your own server. This server will be comprised of Apache 1.3.5, PHP 4.2.0, and MySQL 3.23.49. This tutorial will address the basic setup of a server on your own computer. This means the removal of hassles of dealing with the company that is running a remote web server. It will be easy to modify. You can add any thing you want to it, be it CGI/Perl, Zope, Roxen, etc, all by your self. You will have unlimited disk space, well at least as big as your hard drive is =) Now that you know the advantages, it is time that I tell you what i used, and what you will need.
What I used* Windows 2000 - NOTE that if you are using 2k you WILL NEED Administrative Privileges. If you don't then get them somehow =) If you are on 95, 98, NT, XP, ME, I* Apache 1.3.6 - I tried to use 2.0 but I could not get it work. I also feel that 1.3.6 is tried and true, so why mess with greatness.* Mysql 3.23.49 - The newest version of MySQL when I set up my server. MySQL also the is the best PHP supported Database, and well love PHP don't we.* PHP 4.2.1 - The latest and greatest PHP release. -nt
What you will need* Apache 2 - Link: h**p://www.apache.org/dist/* Mysql 3.23.49 - Link: h**p://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html* PHP 4.2.0 - Link: h**p://www.php.net/downloads.php* Windows - This tutorial is ONLY written for new versions of Windows.

Now all you have to do is click Start Apache in Console , Start Mysql, and Lauch browser biggrin.gif
Here You Are Guys

No comments: